Orthopedics and Rehabilitation
B.S. Biomedical Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison
M.S. Biomedical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Development of biomaterials and microenvironments for stem cell expansion and organoid assembly, with applications in potential cell therapies and drug/toxin screening systems.
- Riggs BC, Dias AD, Schiele NR, Cristescu R, Huang Y, Corr DT, Chrisey DB. 2011. Matrix-assisted pulsed laser methods for biofabrication. MRS Bulletin 36(12):1043-1050
- Kingsley DM, Dias AD, Chrisey DB, Corr DT. 2013. Single-step laser-based fabrication and patterning of cell-encapsulated alginate microbeads. Biofabrication 5(4):045006.
- Dias AD, Unser AM, Xie Y, Chrisey DB, Corr DT. 2014. Generating size-controlled embryoid bodies using laser direct-write. Biofabrication 6(2):025007.
- Dias AD, Kingsley DM, Corr DT. 2014. Recent Advances in Bioprinting and Applications for Biosensing. Biosensors 4(2), 111-136.
- Lee VK, Dias AD, Ozturk MS, Chen K, Tricomi B, Corr DT, Intes X, Dai G. 2015. 3D Bioprinting and 3D Imaging for Stem Cell Engineering. In Turksen K (Ed) Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine. New York, NY: Springer. 33-66.
- Dias AD, Kingsley DM, Corr DT. 2015. Engineering 2D and 3D cellular microenvironments using laser direct-write. In Zhang LG and Fisher JP (Eds) 3D Bioprinting and Nanotechnology in Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine. New York, NY: Elsevier.
- Tricomi BJ, Dias AD, Corr DT. 2016. Stem cell bioprinting for applications in regenerative medicine. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 1383(1):115-124.
- Kingsley DM, Dias AD, Corr DT. 2016. Microcapsules and 3D customizable shelled microenvironments from laser direct-written microbeads. Biotechnol Bioeng113(10):2264-74.
Dias AD, Elicson JM, Murphy WL. Microcarriers with synthetic hydrogel surfaces for stem cell expansion. Advanced Healthcare Materials. Accepted.
Awards & Honors:
- National Defense Science & Engineering Graduate (NDSEG) Fellowship (2012-1015)