B.S. Biomedical Engineering, Boston University
Chemically defined culture environments to deconstruct extracellular matrix influences on stem cell fate and tissue morphogenesis.
- A.W. Xie, B.Y.K. Binder, A.S. Khalil, S.K. Schmitt, H.J. Johnson, N.A. Zacharias, and W.L. Murphy (2017) Controlled self-assembly of stem cell aggregates instructs pluripotency and lineage bias. Scientific Reports 7, 14070.
- A.S. Khalil, X. Yu, A.W. Xie, G.X. Fontana, J.M. Umhoefer, T.A. Hookway, T.C. McDevitt, and W.L. Murphy (2017) Functionalization of microparticles with mineral coatings enhances non-viral transfection of primary human cells. Scientific Reports 7, 14211.
- M.R. Zanotelli, H. Ardalani, J. Zhang, Z. Hou, E.H. Nguyen, S. Swanson, B.K. Nguyen, J. Bolin, A.W. Xie, L. Bischel, R. Stewart, A. Elwell, D.J. Beebe, J.A. Thomson, M.P. Schwartz, and W.L. Murphy (2016) Stable engineered vascular networks from human induced pluripotent stem cell-derived endothelial cells cultured in synthetic hydrogels. Acta Biomaterialia 35, 32-41.
- S.K. Schmitt, D.J. Trebatoski, J.D. Krutty, A.W. Xie, B. Rollins, W.L. Murphy, and P. Gopalan (2016) Peptide conjugation to a polymer coating via native chemical ligation of azlactones for cell culture. Biomacromolecules 17, 1040-1047.
- S.K. Schmitt, A.W. Xie, R.M. Ghassemi, D.J. Trebatoski, W.L. Murphy, and P. Gopalan (2015) Polyethylene glycol coatings on plastic substrates for chemically defined stem cell culture. Adv Healthc Mater 4, 1555-1564.
- A.S. Khalil*, A.W. Xie*, and W.L. Murphy (2013) Context clues: The importance of stem cell-material interactions. ACS Chem Biol 9, 45-56. *Equal contribution
Awards & Honors:
A.W. Xie, W.L. Murphy. Chemically labile peptide-presenting surfaces for cellular self-assembly. Pub No. US 2015/0024490, filed Jan. 2015, Continuation-in-Part Application of U.S. Patent Application Serial No. 13/835,102.