B.S. Biomedical Engineering, Boston University
Chemically defined culture environments to deconstruct extracellular matrix influences on stem cell fate and tissue morphogenesis.
- M.R. Zanotelli, H. Ardalani, J. Zhang, Z. Hou, E.H. Nguyen, S. Swanson, B.K. Nguyen, J. Bolin, A.W. Xie, L. Bischel, R. Stewart, A. Elwell, D.J. Beebe, J.A. Thomson, M.P. Schwartz, and W.L. Murphy (2016) Stable engineered vascular networks from human induced pluripotent stem cell-derived endothelial cells cultured in synthetic hydrogels. Acta Biomaterialia, In Press.
- S.K. Schmitt, D.J. Trebatoski, J.D. Krutty, A.W. Xie, B. Rollins, W.L. Murphy, and P. Gopalan (2016) Peptide conjugation to a polymer coating via native chemical ligation of azlactones for cell culture. Biomacromolecules 17, 1040-1047.
- S.K. Schmitt, A.W. Xie, R.M. Ghassemi, D.J. Trebatoski, W.L. Murphy, and P. Gopalan (2015) Polyethylene glycol coatings on plastic substrates for chemically defined stem cell culture. Adv Healthc Mater 4, 1555-1564.
- A.W. Xie*, A.S. Khalil*, and W.L. Murphy (2013) Context clues: The importance of stem cell-material interactions. ACS Chem Biol 9, 45-56. *Equal contribution
- C. Williams, A.W. Xie, S. Emani, M. Yamato, T. Okano, S.M. Emani, and J.Y. Wong (2012) A comparison of human smooth muscle and mesenchymal stem cells as potential cell sources for tissue engineered vascular patches. Tissue Eng Part A 18, 986-998.
- C. Williams, A.W. Xie, M. Yamato, T. Okano, and J.Y. Wong (2011) Stacking of aligned cell sheets for layer-by-layer control of complex tissue structure. Biomaterials 32, 5625-5632.
Awards & Honors:
- 2016 Vilas Research Travel Award
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
- NIH Biotechnology Training Program Predoctoral Fellowship
- A.W. Xie, W.L. Murphy. Substrates for generation of controlled human pluripotent stem cell colony size and shape. U.S. Patent Application, Continuation in part, Filed 2014.