Human Models for Analysis of Pathway's (H-MAP's) Core Director/Scientist
Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation
Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering, National University of Ireland, Galway
B.S. Biomedical Engineering, National University of Ireland, Galway
Understanding the development of vascular and neural networks/tissues in controlled micro-environments ex vivo and the establishment of new treatment modalities using human induced pluripotent stem cells.
1. Daly WT, Yao L, Zeugolis DI, Windebank AJ, Pandit AS. A biomaterials approach to
peripheral nerve regeneration: Bridging the peripheral nerve gap and enhancing functional
recovery. J R Soc Interface. 2012;9(67):202-21.
2. Daly WT, Knight AM, Wang H, De Boer R, Giusti G, Dadsetan M, Spinner RJ,
Yaszemski MJ, Windebank AJ. Comparison and characterization of multiple biomaterial
conduits for peripheral nerve repair. Biomaterials. 2013;34(34):8630-9.
3. Daly WT, Yao L, Abu-Rub MT, O'Connell C, Zeugolis DI, Windebank AJ, Pandit AS.
The effect of intraluminal contact mediated guidance signals on axonal mismatch during
peripheral nerve repair. Biomaterials. 2012;33(28):6660-71.
4. Yao L, Daly WT, Newland B, Yao S, Wang W, Chen BK, Madigan N, Windebank A,
Pandit A. Improved axonal regeneration of transected spinal cord mediated by multichannel
collagen conduits functionalized with neurotrophin-3 gene. Gene Ther. 2013;20(12):1149-57.
5. Yao L., Yao S., Daly WT. Hendry W., Windebank AJ., and Pandit AS. Non-viral gene
therapy for spinal cord regeneration. Drug Discov Today 2012; 17(18):998-1005
Awards & Honors:
- Best podium presentation (European Society of Biomaterials, 2012)
- Research on front page of Journal of the Royal Society Interface (2012)
- Short term travel fellowship award (Science Foundation Ireland, 2011)
- Best podium presentation (Neuroscience Ireland, 2010)