Position title: Research Associate
Department Affiliation: Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation, School of Medicine and Public Health
Ph.D. Chemistry, Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata, India
M.S. Chemistry, University of Kalyani, Nadia, India
B.S. Chemistry, University of Kalyani, Nadia, India
My research interest and experiences are in the areas of Chemistry (organic synthesis, medicinal chemistry, molecular gels, soft bio-materials etc.); Chemical Biology (bio-orthogonal chemistry, live cell membrane conjugation, therapeutic cell-based biomaterials for biomedical applications etc.); Nano Biotechnology (lipid-based nano-biomaterials for targeted drug and/or therapeutic delivery applications) and Bio-medical Engineering (stem cells and organoid technology for bio-medical applications).
- Majumder, M. R. Das, J. Deb, S. S. Jana and P. Dastidar. β-Amino acid and amino-alcohol conjugation of a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) imparts hydrogelation displaying remarkable biostability, biocompatibility, and anti-inflammatory properties. Langmuir, 2013, 29, 10254-10263.
- Majumder, J. Deb, M. R. Das, S. S. Jana and P. Dastidar. Designing a simple organic salt-based supramolecular topical gel capable of displaying in vivo self-delivery application. Chem. Commun., 2014, 50, 1671-1674.
- Deb, J. Majumder, S. Bhattacharyya and S. S. Jana. A novel naproxen derivative capable of displaying anti-cancer and anti-migratory properties against human breast cancer cells. BMC Cancer, 2014, 14, 567.
- K. Adalder, U. K. Das, J. Majumder, R. Roy and P. Dastidar. Molecular and crystal engineering approaches towards the design of functional supramolecular gelators. J. Indian Inst. Sci., 2014, 94 (1), 9-24.
- Majumder, P. Yedoti and P. Dastidar. A supramolecular topical gel derived from a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, fenoprofen, is capable of treating skin inflammation in mice. Org. Biomol. Chem., 2015, 13, 2300-2309.
- Majumder, J. Deb, A. Husain, S. S. Jana and P. Dastidar Cetirizine derived supramolecular topical gel in action: rational design, characterization and in vivo self-delivery application in treating skin allergy in mice. J. Mater. Chem. B, 2015, 3, 6634-6644.
- Majumder and P. Dastidar. An easy access to organic salt-based stimuliresponsive and multifunctional supramolecular hydrogels. Chem. Eur. J., 2016, 22, 9267-9276.
- Majumder, O. Taratula and T. Minko. Nanocarrier-based systems for targeted and site-specific therapeutic delivery. Adv. Drug Deliv. Rev., 2019, 144, 57-77.
- Chakravorty, B. Yan, C. Wang, L. Wang, J. T. Quaid, C. F. Lin, S.D. Briggs, J. Majumder, D. A. Canaria, D. Chauss, G. Chopra, M. R. Olson, B. Zhao, B. Afzali and M. Kazemian. Integrated pan-cancer map of EBV-associated neoplasms reveals functional host-virus interactions. Cancer Res., 2019, 79 (23), 6010-6023.
- Majumder and T. Minko. Targeted nanotherapeutics for respiratory diseases: cancer, fibrosis and coronavirus. Adv. Therap. 2021, 4, 2000203.
- Majumder and T. Minko. Multifunctional and stimuli-responsive nanocarriers for targeted therapeutic delivery. Expert Opin. Drug Deliv., 2021, 18, 205-227.
- Majumder and T. Minko. Recent developments on therapeutic and diagnostic approaches for COVID-19. The AAPS Journal, 2021, 23, 14.
- Majumder and T. Minko. Multifunctional Lipid-Based Nanoparticles for Codelivery of Anticancer Drugs and siRNA for Treatment of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer with Different Level of Resistance and EGFR Mutations. Pharmaceutics,2021, 13(7), 1063.
- Roy, J. Majumder, H. K. Dutta, R. Parveen, P. Dastidar Supramolecular Hydrogels Developed from Mafenide and Indomethacin as a Plausible Multidrug Self-Delivery System as Antibacterial and Anti-inflammatory Topical Gels. ACS Appl. Bio Mater., 2022, 5, 610-621.