Credentials: Laboratory Manager, Orthopedics and Rehabilitation
Position title: Laboratory Manager
- Certificate in Stem Cell Technology, Madison Area Technical College
- B.S. Biomedical Laboratory Science, University of Stockholm- College of Health Sciences, Sweden
- Associate degree Medical Laboratory Technology, University of Stockholm- College of Health Sciences, Sweden
Provide support for the biomaterials and tissue engineering group whose efforts focus on delivering signals to instruct stem cell activity. Manage the cell culture and analysis facilities, as well as, supervise the inventorying of lab supplies. Develop new assays, create cell banks, maintain cells for use by laboratory personnel, assist in the basic development of novel biomaterials, conduct research experiments and assist with lab experiments where needed.
- Larsson, L., Müller, U., Li, X., Schiaffino, S. 1995. Thyroid hormone regulation of myosin heavy chain isoform composition in young and old rats, with special reference to IIX myosin. Acta Physiol Scand 153, 109-116.
- Grimby L, Tollbäck A, Müller U, Larsson L.1996. Fatigue of chronically overused motor units in prior polio patients. Jun;19(6):728-737
- Hollenhorst, P.C., Bose, M.E., Mielke, M.R., Müller, U, and Fox, C.A. 2000. Forkhead genes in transcriptional silencing, cell morphology, and the cell cycle: Overlapping and distinct roles for FKH1 and FKH2 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics 154:1533-1548
- Palacios DeBeer MA, Müller U, Fox CA. 2003. Differential DNA affinity specifies roles for the origin recognition complex in budding yeast heterochromatin. Genes Dev. 2003 Aug 1;17(15):1817-22.
- Bose ME, McConnell KH, Gardner-Aukema KA, Müller U, Weinreich M, Keck JL, Fox CA. 2004. The origin recognition complex and Sir4 protein recruit Sir1p to yeast silent chromatin through independent interactions requiring a common Sir1p domain.MolCellBiol. 2004 Jan;24(2):774-86
- Casey L, Patterson EE, Müller U, Fox CA. 2008. Conversion of a replication origin to a silencer through a pathway shared by a Forkhead transcription factor and an S phase cyclin. Mol Biol Cell, 2008 Feb;19(2):608-22.
- Hou Z, Danzer JR, Mendoza L, Bose ME, Müller U, Williams B, Fox CA. 2009. Phylogenic conservation and homology modeling help reveal a novel domain within the budding yeast heterochromatin protein Sir1. Mol Cell Biol, 2009 Nov;17(11):1929-37.
- Shor E, Warren CL, Tietjen J, Hou Z, Müller U , Alborelli I, Gohard FH, Yemm Al,I, Borisov L, Broach JR, Weinreich M, Nieduszynski CA, Ansari AZ, Fox CA. 2009. The origin recognition complex interacts with a subset of metabolic genes tightly linked to origins of replication. PLoS Genet. 2009 Dec;5(12):e 1000755.
- Chen X, Müller U, Sundling KE, Brow DA. Saccharomyces cerevisiae Sen1 as a model for the study of mutations in human Senataxin that elicit cerebellar ataxia. Genetics. 2014 Oct;198(2):577-90